Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bird Moths mating


Bird Moths mating
Originally uploaded by Ciao Bella.

Ok, I had to post this picture that I took a few weeks ago. My neighbor came to my door screaming. I thought someone got hit by a car! No when I got outside I found two of the biggest moths in the planet bumping uglies on the garden hose next door. They were, I kid you not, as big as a bird. Notice how small the garden hose is in comparison. They are the largest moths in North America and the technical name for them is CERCROPIA.

Other than mating insects, we've been quite well. We took a trip to Connecticut this weekend. Drove 5 hours with two youngsters and an 7 week old puppy. Not fun. But it was so good to see our friends and we were honored to become their newest additions god parents! They are such great people and boy did I feel bad when puppy took a crap twice in their new home.

3 Comments:

Blogger M said...

Damn, they must really like you guys to still make you godparents after the dog pooped in their house! I guess she's too cute to stay too mad about it though ;)

Why am I not surprised at how excited you are over moths mating? At least it's not a pic of you and Aaron mating that you posted... hee hee!

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He hee hee- those things are huge- I can't believe the detail on them....heeby jeebies!

10:54 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Love "the mom's" comment. I think she may have your sense of humor Kell! And I don't mean about Bella pooping on J & K's carpet! I'm sure you'll post something humorous and naughty before too long! Just kiddin' hon!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home