Monday, February 26, 2007

"Baby, give it up"

So , I've really been thinking about what to give up during Lent this year and I've come to the conclusion. If I really want to do it right it must be something that I truly love. A sacrifice if you will. Just like Jesus sacrificed his life so we could live , I too shall sacrifice what I love. Can you smell what I'm steppin' in? THE COMPUTER! This lovely machine brings me much joy, but also much more chaos than I really need in my life. I put off laundry(way too much), playing with my kids, my dog and even my husband(maybe I'll get knocked up while I'm gone) so I can be on it. I need to detox. I still have to check my emails and I welcome them, but I need to see if taking this break will eliminate some of the things that I do that make my life more difficult than it needs to be. I really lovvvvvve all of you guys and keeping up with you and will miss you dearly! But I have to do this. Man, it's going to be hard but I know I can do it. It would be much easier if we got our cable(source of internet connection) cut off during Lent. But like I said we need it for email and emergencies ;o) So if you want to contact me during this time email me. kelli@picgroup.com I'll be back in the spring WAHHHH ;o( XOXOXOXO

11 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Oh, man! We just gave up meat as a kid and ate pancakes. BOOO. But I heart you for stickin' by your guns.

Loves and I'll be here when you get back.

10:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, that takes willpower. Mine would be going without a camera for two weeks but that's now and I have no choice lol

4:16 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

that's a tough one honey! but i respect you for your beliefs and commitment. sweets or the computer? tough one. good luck. love you.

2:52 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

good luck to you!

1:29 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Wow, that is hardcore! I admire your dedication.

4:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelli- we will miss you dearly, but I totally understand where you are coming from. I've often wondered if the same would be good for me too. Will you at least come back after Easter and let us know how it went? I'm interested to see if it helped out at all.

Oh, and p.s. I'm having a girl!! I hope you and your hubby land a boy here soon... ; )

8:42 AM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I do love me some computer too! Have a nice break, see you when you return :)

9:04 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Dude, your not ousting me until Easter are you? Is that why you havn't called me ,jsut kidding. You do what you gotta do. Great going!!!! Hugs call me anyway. i got special tickets to heaven.

10:19 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Good luck. You can do it. My friend Steph gave up like everything in the world one lent and it drove me insane - like chocolate, soda, sugar, tv - I don't remember, but it was awful (for me). :)

Sometimes I KNOW the computer is taking away from my personal life. It's slowly melting away.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! Now THAT's a sacrifice! That's even harder than chocolate! You'll be missed... counting down the days until Easter, now for more reasons than just chocolate!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Kim's Life said...

OH Wow dont give it up. You know you can just cut down. Give yourself a limit.I will miss your blog. Please think about it.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home