Wednesday, June 20, 2007

So Far So Good

I had my first Ob appointment today. It went really well. Except for the fact that both the girls were in the room with me while I had my exam, including breasts! Not that they've never seen their mom naked. Because I'm naked a lot around the house. No biggie here. It's just their not use to me with my legs up in the air with a man hiding between them. They stayed at the other end of the room and I made Hailee read Gianna a story. I just told Hailee they were checking out my belly to see if the baby was ok. She was fine with it and didn't see anything. Usually I would have had a sitter but. Everyone was busy. My hubby was in a meeting downtown. Mom was working, MIL was with my FIL(He just had surgery), friends of family were at a playgroup in Pennsylvania and other friends with out kids were working. Anyhoo, I've had my blood drawn twice so far to check levels and everything seems to look good. I go back in two weeks and before that I'll get a ultrasound. My boobs hurt, I'm a little nauseated during the day, I'm tired and GASSY. I don't mind because I know it's good that I'm having symptoms. The cramping isn't so bad either. Did I mention that I was gassy? Got my vitamins with the added fish oil capsules too. I'm going to try to take them at night so I don't feel like hurling during the day :o) I'm glad to join you other pregnant mamas out there. Exciting.

Well got to give the girls a bath we just got finished swimming at a friends house and I can't wait to crawl into that bed. My poor husband is probably lonely at night because I'm ready for bed at 8:00. I just ate a huge plate of pasta bruschetta after vowing not to gain 60lbs this time around. I think I can do it. 60lbs is too hard on your body after labor. Not to mention too hard to take off the second time around. I can't imagine how long it will take me the third!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good, good, good! Glad to hear you feel yucky, uh, even if that means you feel yucky. At least you can still eat!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh i remember having to explain that situation to kaylie when I was pregnant with keith. :) Glad everything is good.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

You're pregnant! Get out of here! :D WOW :) CONGRATS KELLI! :)

I'm so glad it's going well so far!

As for having kids in the exam room - thank God I'm not the only one! ... I don't have a babysitter - have never used a non- family member. So if I have an appointment during the day and my husband is working and my Mom can't watch them - I have to bring the kids with me.

Some doctors act like they are REALLY uncomfortable with having the kids there - and I agree it's not an ideal situation - but sometimes it's really unavoidable, (and it's not like the nurses ever volunteer to babysit for a few minutes.) LOL.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

This is great news! Keep feeling well...St. Gianna and St. Gerard, pray for us!

Jane

11:13 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

Glad to hear all is going well. And go for the pasta, girl. Baby is growing!! :o)

12:31 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

OH WOW!! Happy pregnancy!! I am sooo excited for you!! yes, some premenstrual-type cramping is normal in the beginning, simply because your uterus is growing once again...however you'll probably "show" faster for that very reason (your uterus remembers!)

I will keep my fingers crossed (and my toes) that all will continue to go well and that soon you'll be hugging the porcelain goddess EVERY MORNING for the next 6-8 weeks!!!

; )

10:35 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

Have I mentioned that I'm gassy too? At least you get to blame it on a baby...

10:35 PM  
Blogger BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I'm so happy for you and your family Kelli! I never ended up taking Miss C to the OBGYN with me...that would have been interesting! ;)

Thinking of you and praying that everything goes great!!!

6:46 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

I am so excited for you!!!! I would be happy to watch the girls since I am up the street from your OB. I miss you so call me so we can get together and I will pamper you!!!!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home