Wednesday, October 26, 2005

La Vita Bella

THings have been really good lately around our neck of the woods. Despite the little ones getting over fevers, runny noses and croupy coughs, I can't complain about anything. Last night was our actual anniversary and Aaron brought home a dozen red roses, my favorite sushi (dragon rolls; smoked eel, crab and avocado) and a movie for us to watch when the kids went to sleep. He set up the sushi so nice , he's quite the romantic. He never has lacked in that area. I'm pretty damn lucky. So we ate, put the kids to sleep, "docked stations" and watched a cheesy horror film. I still get freaked out when I go to bed no matter how stupid and unrealistic the movie is. I also vow after every horror movie that I'll never watch another one. But I always do and I ALWAYS get freaked out. He also ran into a great friend of mine Melissa at the video store. I haven't talked to her in a very long time and when she called me I was soooo excited. She helped me out years ago when I was going through my rough times. She is one of the reason's my life is so good today. Her and God of course. I have to give him props too! Anyway, I'll be hanging out with her and her kids tommorow, who I probably won't even recognize! I'm excited. I also plan on seeing my brother, nephew and SIL at some point. He works for Target as an assistant manager and is taking a test to see if he qualifies to go through the training to be a sheriff! I pray that he passes because he's hating his job and I know he would be much happier working toward this goal. So please keep him in your thoughts and prayers! He has military background so he might as well put some of his knowledge to use. He was a paratrooper in the 82nd airbourne. I asked him at one point if he ever got use to jumping out of airplanes and he said "NO". Of course I worry about his safety and all that but I just want him to find his nitch and be happy :0)

This weekend, we'll probably take the kids to Applewood Farms. The place is great. They have a corn maze, petting zoo, hayride or train ride to the pumpkin patch and real live reindeer. Apparently they are pretty adaptable animals and very sweet. I had questions about that, like I questioned the people in town who had two Zebras on their farm. It was weird. You could see them from the road. But I guess they adapted just fine too. Wonder why I never see them anymore. I guess they got deported or something. ANYHOO, I'm looking forward to Applewood farms.

So, I'm off to eat a huge amount of vanilla ice cream with Nestle Quick chocolate powder sprinkled all over it. I'm feeling quite fat andhave been pigging out. I need to detox myself from carbs but it's the first week thats the hardest. Just need to lose 10lbs to be pre Gianna weight. It bothers me everyday. Just not enough for me to exercise or stick to any plan long enough. Oh well. NIGHT NIGHT.

11 Comments:

Blogger hollibobolli said...

I LOVE cheesy horror films.. my FAVORITE!!

I've never heard of sprinkling Nestle Quick powder on vanilla ice cream, but that sounds like something I would love. I really only liked drinking that stuff when it was all globbed up at the top of the glass. YUM!!

I'm glad you all had a happy anniversary night!!

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

YEY for Aaron. What a nice evening he set up for y'all.

Happy Anniversay! AND YEY for friends! :-)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

Save some vanilla ice cream for tomorrow when I make my apple pie!!
I have to lose at least 10 lbs. after giving birth to my kids. The youngest being 5! Yeah, like thats gonna happen!!! Especially now with the holidays coming up. Yeah, I'ts more like I'll GAIN 10 more lbs!!!

8:17 PM  
Blogger M said...

You do not need to lose a pound, crazy woman! Your anniversary sounds like it was really nice. I'm the same way with horror movies. We're gluttons for punishment. Aaron sounds really sweet... you're a lucky girl (and he's a lucky guy)!

4:49 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

You guys make such a great pair.

Melissa...have I met her?

6:44 AM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

Hope you guys have a great time this weekend and so gald you had a good anniversary!

I do the same damn thing when I watch scary movies. I still think of that damn girl in The Ring when I get up at night to go potty. I know her scary ass is waiting for me behind the shower curtain! LOL I can't believe I just admitted that! HA

8:40 AM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

"docked stations"?!

and nestle quick powder on ice cream? not too dry or chalky? hmmm...i'll have to try that.

and, yeah, what movie was it?? I'm still freaked out by Signs.

3:34 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

p.s. my baby is grunting in the other room...crankin' out some stank! don't know why, but i just thought i'd share!

; )

3:36 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

So glad to hear that someone else's life is going really good too, so is mine! We should all get on a "life is good" bandwagon! LOL!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home