Monday, September 18, 2006

Free Time?

Wow, I feel like the only time I get to get on this computer is to let the puppy chew on my high heels, or curtains or childrens ankles. You think I would be talking about my children but no. The puppy is consuming my life. Would someone also tell me why it took me getting a puppy to realize how easy it is to cook with a crockpot? My mom tried to tell me this when I first had Hailee 5 years ago. I should have listened. You can basically cook everything in there. Good for cooking comfort food. Don't get me wrong I love grilling in the summer. I could eat a quarter lb Hebrew National hotdog everynight (Healthy huh?) But theres something about pasta and roasts and mashed potatoes come fall and winter. What is it lately about food. It also consumes me. I love to freaking eat, thats my problem. Always have and always will. I've been pigging out all summer and now need to lose 10lbs instead of 5. I plan on getting pregnant soon and with both pregnancies I gained 60lbs. Even though I vow to myself this time I'll eat less and just gain the recommended 25-30lbs. History tends to repeat itself and I am a repeat offender :0( My plan was to walk with Gianna when Hailee is at Kindergarten. I did walk today but I also had beef stew for dinner and I washed it down with a huge blackbottem and pumpkin spice latte(decaf) from Starbucks. Where is my willpower. I have NONE when it comes to sweets.

Enough about that. Hailee is doing great in kindergarten and she loves her teacher. She goes where she went to preschool and instead of the public schools she only goes 9am-1pm. Not to mention theres only 9 kids in her class! Plenty of one on one time. So I have no complaints. We're working on learning to read so if anyone has any suggestions what worked for them, I'd love to hear them. Well I must go get the dog from upstairs before she leaves a GIANT size hershey kiss for me :0)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a great kindergarten class! If I come accross something that looks like it works really well for reading, I will be sure to let you know...

7:38 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Glad you're back hon! You still can make me laugh. Speaking of eating....you do eat a lot sweetie. But thankfully, you have a marvelous little figure! Lucky for you, you have dad's genes! Praise the Lord!

5:10 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Mom, you still look amazingly beautiful but thank you! XOXO

6:18 PM  
Blogger M said...

Hebrew Nationals are the BEST! Summer is definitely all about grilling, but come the cool weather it's all about the comfort food! I love having a crockpot. I don't use mine nearly enough but something tells me with baby #3 coming in 5 weeks that crockpot will be working its little ass off this season!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love food too! I am still learning about the crockpot thing.. I need more recipies.

When D was little and learning to read i took index cards and wrote things on it "chair" "Table" "dresser" etc.. and then taped them to the said object. I also was a huge workbook fan. The ones they sell at like walmart.

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home