Wednesday, January 17, 2007

When your five year old knows too much...

We had some guests over the weekend from Connecticut. Aaron's friends from college. Well, mine now too, seeing as I am their youngest Charlies God mother. Anyhoo, Katie came upstairs with a funny look on her face:

Katie- Do you have something to tell me?

Me- No, Why?
Katie- Are you sure?
Me- Yes, I'm positive!
Katie- Well Hailee said that she thinks your going to be having a baby soon because you've been buying and peeing on those special tooth brushes lately.
Me- Oh yeah, she was with me when I bought the ovulation kits.

Apparently to a five year old they resemble "Special Toothbrushes" I had to explain a little bit not in detail what they were for. But by no means did I mention a tooth brush let alone peeing on one :0) Gotta love it!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha... Drew burst in on me in the bathroom once when I was taking a prego-test, fortunately he didn't say much about it later. ( I think...I don't quite remember) He has had plenty of commentary about the upcoming bun in the oven though...now that I mention it, I should really be posting these things! What's wrong with me? Oh, yeah, I'm pregnant.

4:10 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Very funny! I had a good laugh honey. Don't ever stop posting the funny things that the girls say. I love it! And for heavens sake, stop peeing on those "special toothbrushes" or lock the door for privacy. I know its hard to get any privacy in your house since the "G" is on the loose.

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Just think, baby #3 will always hear about how mommy had to pee on special toothbrushes to get him!

Him? Hmm, that just came out. Now I'll be watching intensely to see if I'm right...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

That is too funny! I love young innocent and imaginative minds. That actually sounded like something my little girl would of said...in her most adult like voice :)

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats too cute! I have the big... what's that mommy "issues" with TAMPONS!

1:17 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That's funny!!! call me you crazy person!!!

10:04 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I love how their little minds work! And for what it's worth, I think that's a much better name than boring old "ovulation kits." :o)

5:15 PM  
Blogger Liza on Maui said...

too cute :) love conversing with kids - thanks for sharing this funny story.

(landed here from Blondemom's Blog)

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home