Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring is here

Wow, it's been an exciting few weeks. I've taken time to recharge myself, get my priorities straight and grow in my spiritual life as well. Spring is a time for change and new beginnings. I love it. The flowers are blooming, the birds are chirping and there's an overall feeling of good things to come. I hope everyone had a good Easter and spring break. I know I enjoyed having Hailee with me for the 9 days she was off of school. In fact, I didn't want to send her back yesterday! But I can't say that or she'll completely feed off of it! "Mommy, I want to be with you!" There are many pictures that have been taken. Mostly by my mom because my camera needs a new battery. And I haven't gotten around to it. My mom rescues me in times that I'm not prepared. Like Easter egg hunts, Easter and important events overall. So pictures are to come :o)

On another exciting note. I believe that God is calling our family to adopt a child. Particularly from Ethiopia. I was concerned about not being able to conceive naturally for the past year and a half and finally it hit me. Maybe God wants us to adopt. I've always wanted to adopt a child and my husband and I have discussed it before but recently it's been so heavy on my heart. I was thinking about it a lot a few months back then kind of focused on getting pregnant again. Then about a week ago I watched the movie "Blood Diamond" OMG, if you have not seen this movie you must. It was heart wrenching but the reality of what goes on in other countries. Mostly of which we turn a blind eye to. It's about what happened in 1999 in Sierra Leonne , Africa. Innocent people were killed, children were made into killing machines and a civil war broke out and lasted I think until 2002? Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway, it was powerful. And I don't care if I ever own another diamond as long as I live. So on a lighter note. I've been researching and talking to people, emailing others who have adopted from there and PRAYING that my husband feels the same passion I do about adopting a child. Praying that God reveals to him what he has revealed to me. I'm trying to be patient and not bombard him with, "Let's get started on the paperwork today!" I'm trying to remember that God's timing is perfect, but it's very hard when you feel so strongly about something. Where will we get the money for this when we're already in debt? I haven't a clue. But when theres a WILL theres a way. There are grants , special loans, the adoption tax credit any most of all GOD! He will provide if he see's fit :o) So if anyone has any creative ways to make so money feel free to share!

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!! You were certainly missed! Congratulations on the big decision... I hope it all works out and you get your baby!

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all...Welcome back!
Second, I imagine I will appreciate my cubic zirconia more after watching that movie- which I plan to do.
And Third, wow! That is so neat that God has put adopting a child on your heart! I will be praying along with you about this.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Clickin Mama J said...

I am in the process of adopting from Ethiopia myself. Once the idea gets in your heart you just can't shake it. You are right about the financial piece. It will all fall into place. What I've found is that the payments are spread out nicely so it's not one big lump sum all at once.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Elena Pignone said...

Welcome back! Nick and I talk about adopting too--maybe in the future when F. and E. are a little older. Right now we are just trying to (barely) survive everything we have going and couldn't add much more. But about money, I have a suggestion. Start listening to Dave Ramsey's radio shows online. www.daveramsey.com We listen to him every night and he is very motivating about getting out of debt and using your money to do things you and God want you to do (like adopt) instead of just paying all those interest fees to banks!!!

5:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do sound refreshed!

I saw that movie a couple weeks ago and I still can't shake it from my mind. Sloth said I can only handle G rated movies these days, I get so upset!

I know the adoption will work out if that is what you and Aaron decide to do. I am looking forward to following along with you and will be thinking about you both.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Welcome back. Nice to know you were missed huh.

4:37 AM  
Blogger charmcitymama said...

I also recently watched Blood Diamond, what a powerful film!
Adoption is a wonderful option, my best to you!

6:20 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you got to recharge yourself. Good luck with your decision, it's worth taking your time to figure out what's best for you and your family.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) said...

Hi Kelli,
Looking forward to reading more about your adoption decision...and I'll make sure to cover how we handled the financial piece on adoption story as well!
God Bless,
Jane

12:13 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

This is amazing news, Kelli! I wish you the best of luck. I can't wait to read about your journey and I'll say a prayer for your family as you attempt this. {HUGS} :)

1:11 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

I am so glad you are back! I missed you. Happy to hear you had a great Easter and Spring Break.

Also that is so cool you want to adopt. I pray God will work in your husband to be on the same page with you!

4:24 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Thank you for all the support! I've missed you all!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

It's good to hear from you again! And wow can a few weeks change things! :o) I pray God will reveal
His plan to both you and your hubby. So exciting!!!

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check with your HR department. Lot's of campanies offer adoption assistance programs to give you thousands toward adoption.

It's a wonderful thing.

11:49 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Wow Kelli, you sound awesome!1

I am so glad your back!!

Adoption is so wonderful!!! God's plan is so much better then our's.Keep praying and God will lead you where you need to be.

Let's get together for coffee one night. I miss you. So call me !!

8:53 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

oh Wow Kelli! I think that is incredible and actually not surprising to come from someone like you. You've always come across as being a kind, generous, sensitive, and thoughtful loving person...I am wishing you all kinds of good luck with this!

6:02 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

hmmm... u r back.. finally... ::P

So you want to adopt a child? what a nobel idea!! may God bless you.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home