Saturday, July 30, 2005

Bad MOMMY! BAD!

So the other day we were off to Chuck e cheese for a b-day party. I had to stop at ToysRUs to get a gift. So we're walking around the store and I kept having to tell Hailee to stop asking for stuff. I explained that we were in there to get Ben a gift and we weren't getting anything for us today! She proceeded to whine the whole time so I was getting frustrated and told her if she didn't stop we would not go to the party and she wouldn't get to play. So finally we check out and head to the car. I opened Hailee's door where her booster seat was(drivers side) and helped her climb in. But I didnt buckle her yet because I was holding Gianna and it was like 100 degree's literally out. So she was sitting there, unbuckled when I opened my door to start the car so they wouldn't fry and put Gianna in her carseat then buckle Hailee. So right after I start the car I hear a thud and see Hailee laying on the ground! I quickly scooped her up still holding the baby and check her over. I felt like the worst mom in the world.I have a Yukon, it sits up really high. She said she was leaning over looking at the road and she must have flipped. She could have really hurt herself!!! Broke her neck or something! She came out with just an abrasion on the top of her head that you could barely see. An angel must have helped her flip out of the car just perfectly so she didn't really get hurt. I'm still feeling bad about it. She really didn't cry very long. Luckily we were on our way to Chuckecheese. Now she's running around telling everyone that she fell out of the car for the first time! I immediately follow up with "NOT A MOVING CAR, OF COURSE!" I hate when my kids get hurt! It makes me feel like crap. Ecspecially when I could have prevented it!

So today I have a baby shower to go to. My friend Ellie just picked up her new baby boy from Korea on Wed! We get to see him for the first time! All these baby's around! I love it! Then we're going to a cook out over Aaron's friend Antoine's house. It should be a fun day! You guys have a good weekend!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

LOL - These things happen. It's amazing how resilient kids are. If I fell from a Yukon I'd be all kinds of hurt.

If your friend posts pics of her new baby, link to it. I want to see! :) Babies are so cute :) LOL.

10:48 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Kell, its okay. You ARE one terrific mommie! You are very patient and loving. I am so proud of you. Your girls are gonna love - love - love you. Especially after they go through puberty and become an adult. (ha,ha). Just kiddin'. Remember the middle school days?

5:58 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

You are the furthest thing from a bad mom!! Glad she's OK!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home