Monday, January 22, 2007

House Swapping

Has any one seen the movie "The Holiday"? Besides the fact that Jude Law was in it and Jack Black( hilarious), it really made me think. They swapped houses for like two weeks. So the other day I was thinking. How cool would that be to exchange houses with a family in another country?! Cars, pets and everything. I googled it and came across
Home Exchange Dot Com . Check it out. Most of the houses are gorgeous. If you click on them , the people tell you about themselves , their town, things to do, shopping, pets and whether or not they have children. A lot of the places have been exchanged multiple times and there are reviews on them. You can put in where you live and it will pull up who want's to visit your area. To list your house for a year I think it's like $60 but I think it's worth it. There also is a write up about about the safety of it too. So just go play around on the site it's really cool.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be too scared someone would steal something or do something nasty in my bed LOL!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

I want to see that movie!

And I'd trade houses with you ANY DAY.

Please?

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is kind of a cool idea, especially for a young families like ours who don't want to wedge into a hotel room...etc... but still want to travel and do things, see new places...

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've done 30 home exchanges and I love it. I run a non-commercial blog to give new exchangers tips and advice. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions: http://homeexchanger.blogspot.com/

1:43 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

That sounds like such a cool idea! I'm going to go check it out.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be afraid they'd turn my house into a brothel or something while I was gone.

6:00 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

i really want to watch the holiday. maybe soon. if not i'll buy the pirated dvd... :P

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I've thought about it before but I'm weird about even having guests over WHEN I'M HERE. lol.

I hope it turns out to be something cool for you. I know a lot of people love to do it.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lisa @ Heaven Sent said...

I think this might stress me out too much, but it is a cool idea!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! The Holiday is a nice movie but home exchange is not for everyone and most sites will advise you to think it through before you sign up and even more before you send a proposal or accept one! Most people that register in these sites are trustworthy and seriously looking for a different way to travel.

1:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home