Saturday, June 11, 2005

You can take the girl out the ghetto but ya cant take the ghetto out the girl

Well kinda, as much as I enjoyed hanging out in abandoned houses downtown 8 years ago , I'd like to get a house to call our own! The place we live in right now is perfect for us. It's just getting a little to cluttered. It has three bedrooms which are pretty small. If we have another baby we'll definitely need to move. Our plan is to wait a year and see if the prices of houses go down around here! You can't get a four bedroom house around here for less than $400,000.00! I know that in other places in the U.S they may be more but around here they are pretty much maxed out. Did I mention that these houses don't even really have a yard?! I want some property for my kids to run around on! So my main question was, does anyone elses car payments together equal more than what they pay for rent or mortgage? Because ours sure do and I'm not quite sure that thats the way to go. We can't really save any money. We'll probably have to cut some monthly bills out that we don't need.:0( We pay about $975 for rent,BGE and water (lucky we're renting from a friend of the family!) My last apartments rent was $1005.00! Our monthly car payments equal $1065. The company pays for his but it's his company. So not really. I'm done my griping!;0)

6 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Kel the prices are crazy, crazy. And the $400k is like for a shack these days.

Before we started trying to have a baby we contemplated moving into a bigger house first and realized we couldn't even if we wanted too. We wouldn't be able to get anything we liked anywhere we'd want to live. We couldn't afford to buy our own house these days. Great for our resale value but too bad it doesn't help because we can't afford anything else! Although we insist on living in the city so you really don't get much for the money. Our "yard" is a 25 square foot cement slab as you know!

To answer your question our mortgage is a little more than our 2 cars. I personally hate having 2 car payments at the same time and our plan is to not do it again if we can avoid it.

Before we owned a home Bryan and I would buy all this stuff and I felt weird for having so much "stuff" but not a house where I could make a home. Know what I mean? But that's just my personal preference. I don't know if it's having a baby on the way but I just don't care much about "stuff" anymore, it's all about what I really need. That brings me more satisfaction than having something new for the sake of having it.

Sorry to be so wordy here and hope I don't sound preachy! Not my intention at all!

8:17 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I don't think you sound wordy, just like to hear your input mama:0)

4:39 AM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

Yea we are in the same boat as you are. We want to be in Anne Arundel County and it is freaking crazy trying to find something that isn't WAY out of out price range. It makes me sick :)

5:34 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Wow! Maybe we should all relocate to TEJAS. I know people in Bastrop.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Where the heck is Tejas?! I used to live in Texas.. is that close? Ok.. sorry.. I'm giving you a hard time. :-P I know I know.. Bite me...

Housing here... you've heard me bitch about it.. I'm trying to be happy with what he have because I can stay home (mostly). We USED to have 730 dollars in car payments but we traded/paid off, etc.. and now we have 370 in two car payments. Of course, it was a sacrifice. I keep telling myself I'm a hippy and I don't believe in having things, but I'm also struggling with wanting new/fun things, too. It's hard.

6:17 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Leslie, We had the idea of trading in my husbands car so we could save money. He ended up buying something more expensive! I should have said something, but knew he really wanted it. Of course I liked it too. Now I'm kinda kicking myself over it. If you don't know where TEJAS is then I can't really help you;0)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home