Tuesday, August 09, 2005

WHAT up with this?

I think Gianna is trying to phase out one of her naps. I've been very blessed with this child and her sleeping habits. Now, I'm not so sure. Yesterday she fussed at nap time for a while! Same last night. She usually goes in her crib at 8:00pm falls asleep by herself until around 7:00am. Last night I put her down and she kept fussing and I kept going in on and off until she finally fell asleep around 10:30. This morning she woke up at 8:00am and fussed and played for an hour unrtil she finally fell asleep. She napped for 1 hour. This afternoon, I put her down for her normal second nap at 3:00 she fussed and played for more than an hour ,until finally I just brought her down, where she has been content to play in her playpen for the last half hour. What gives? She'll be ONE on the 25th of Aug. Is she phasing out her morning nap? Or afternoon nap. Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It does sound to me like she's ready to go to one nap. Claire started sleeping from 11:30 - 1:30 or 2 right around 12 mos. Of course, some of that was the nap schedule at daycare. But I'm a big fan of it now. You might try keeping her up until after an early lunch (11) and then see if she'll take a long one. Just my 2 cents.

6:02 PM  
Blogger the mama said...

same thing here. but for me i think it's mostly the daycare. she's been refusing (insert screaming here) her afternoon nap altogether at daycare (too mcuh to do, i guess) so she's only getting an hour in the morning. but at least she's sleeping through the night.

hopefully it's just a brief phase and she'll be back to napping for you. or stretching out the one she does take.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

J didn't want 2 naps anymore right around 1. She goes down after lunch now and sleeps for a good 2 to 3 hours.

1:09 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

THanks girls:0)

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home