Tuesday, November 22, 2005

YAY!

Looks like we got the house just waiting for the loan to go through. We signed all the papers today and the seller signed too!!!! I'm so excited. So we'll settle on Dec.16th. Don't ask me how we'll pack and decorate and christmas shop (If we have any money left) in 3 weeks but I guess we'll manage! I just pray that everything goes as expected. Like I said we'll be paying 3 TIMES! what we pay now but it will be worth it in the long run. It will be ours. Who needs digital cable anyway!? Or Starbucks including drinks and snacks for the kids at Starbucks? Or, Baja Fresh? Or... I'm sure we'll manage. Anyone want to fly on over and help me pack? Maybe pack all the glass stuff? Watch he kids while I pack? Keep Gianna from going up the stairs and standing on the table while I spackle and paint? Just kidding. I won't be spackling or painting. At least I hope I won't! I feel very blessed in all actuallity. I didn't expect to find a house this soon. GOD IS GOOD! :0)

I volunteered(is that too many eeeee's?) to make sweet potato casserole for Hailee's pre school Thanksgiving feast. I guess I'll be up bright and early baking so I can get her to school by 9:00am! I'll leave you with the recipe. It's so good. I made it last year for the first time and plan on making it every year as a new tradition.

Jane's Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Topping

 

Serves 8 to 10

Each year Martha’s friend Jane Heller makes her distinctive Easter dinner of Smithfield ham baked with pineapple rings and cherries, sweet potatoes with marshmallow topping, and her famous cherry Jell-O mold.

 



 

2
forty-ounce cans sweet potatoes in heavy syrup, drained

 

8
tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick), cut into 8 pieces

 

1
twenty-ounce can crushed pineapple

 

1
cup maple syrup

 

1
ten-ounce package large marshmallows

 

 
1.   Preheat oven to 350°. Place sweet potatoes, butter, pineapple, and maple syrup in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine well, using a potato masher. Place in oven, and bake until bubbling, about 45 minutes. Top with marshmallows, and continue to bake until marshmallows are soft but not completely melted, about 15 minutes.

 

 
 
 

 

 
 
 

11 Comments:

Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

congrats! that is so exciting!

i say, pack the baby first...that way she stays out of trouble and doesn't get left behind.

; )

6:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

(Doing a little happy dance for you)

YIPPEE! A new house! So exciting. Stressful and complicated and crazy, yes. But still exciting.

7:58 PM  
Blogger sarahgrace said...

Congratulations!! God IS so good! Can't wait to see pics of your new digs.

11:00 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

THANKS GIRLS!!!

4:21 AM  
Blogger M said...

Congratulations!!! That's awesome! OMG only 3 weeks... but as excited as I'm sure you are you'll be going on adrenaline! Can't wait to see pics of the new digs!

4:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

YEAH so happy for you. Oh and in case you didn't see it I was in on a fun thing called thank your first commentor on your blog and you were mine so I thanked you on my blog.

4:40 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

YAY, YAY, YAY!!!!!!!! I can't WAIT to see it!! I got your email about the location and the hint that there are others for sale there :) I told Bryan about them, we'll probably do a drive by but I don't have the energy to move right now :( I'm so happy for you guys. Don't you have any connections at Starbucks anymore for some free hookups :)

8:14 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

YEY FOR THE HOUSE!! I just wish it was in our town. .. but still! YEY!!!!!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

CONGRATS! That is wonderful news. I will surely come and help you pack! I know I needed all of the help I could get!

11:43 AM  
Blogger the mama said...

congratulations! oh that's just so awesome!!!

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home