Sunday, November 12, 2006

Isn't this sweet


Sisters
Originally uploaded by Ciao Bella.

So Gianna has been sleeping in our bed for the past few weeks since she was sick a while ago. She had a high fever , so I felt more comfortable with her being in my bed. Well she got used to it quickly and I had to let her cry for a while in her crib. The other night I heard her crying and I went to pee before going in and getting her and she met me halfway. It scared the crap out of me because at first I thought. What is this midget doing coming out of my daughters bedroom! Tired, I scooped her up and put her in my bed. The next morning I thought maybe I was dreaming. Neither of my kids have ever climbed out of their crib before. The matress was practically lowered to the ground. I have many friends whose kids did this quite early, still my kids never had. So the next night I put her in the crib, thinking maybe it was a one time deal. Closed the door and listened to her bounce for a minute, a few seconds later she was coming out of her room. Well now that she's a danger to herself and until we find a solution like getting her a toddler bed. The solution pictured above seems to be working well. I think it's sweet . I might get another bed and put it in Hailee's room. If we're planning on having another baby we might as well leave G's room open. Not that a new baby would actually be sleeping in the room for a long time. Due to breastfeeding my kids don't usually try out their crib for about 7 months, maybe longer. Until then you can read on below about the effects of a toddler bouncing in her crib all the time.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwww.... so sweet.

7:50 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

That is so incredibly sweet! Our kids share a room, and it is precious--when they're sleeping, that is!

8:17 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

My two little girly loves! How innocent and adorable they are when sleeping. You captured them perfectly. Good shot!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

so sweet

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cute. Maybe that's what I need to do with Beau. Weirdly enough, he just figured out how to crawl out of his crib two nights ago... nice, huh? eh....

8:52 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

LOL - Cute pic and cute story! :)

The solution is a cage.

Just kidding. Kind of. ROFL ;)

It's been so long since I experienced that. (Youngest just turned 5 a couple weeks ago.)

I know that when the boys were old enough for a regular bed but still little enough that we worried they would wander the house at night, we would close their door at night and put a baby gate in the doorway.

Eventually they learned to shove the gate down or climb over it, but it makes a good amount of noise which gives you a chance to wake up and get there before they go wandering around.

1:49 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

Oh - I could help you with that. Just move them all into your bed. Problem solved!!! :)

Aside from that - the picture of them could not be ANY CUTER!!!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger M said...

Aww, they look very sweet. I'm way behind... all the pics below are nice too. You and Aaron are so cute... a couple of hotties! I'm going to have to steal your 'about me' list. You know, whenever I get around to it!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home