Thursday, October 12, 2006

It's just one of those day's

I've had a cranky toddler on my hip for the past week, the puppy's still her puppy self, bills, bills, bills, I've rewashed the clothes in the washer for the 5th time because I forgot they were in there and... I feel like it's been a circus around here. This morning as I was trying to check my email, G was being little miss cranky pants (not her fault) and not to mention she's slept in our bed for the last week since she's been sick. We did get her in her bed for a good 3 hours so we could take care of our marital duties. If your asking yourself if it took three hours for us to bump uglies , the answer is no. I had on a nice push up bra and some lacy black tanga's from Victoria's Secret. I felt like we were dating again. Anyway, something in me snapped because she cried for mini muffins and when I gave them to her she cried some more. This is stupid but I took one of the mini bluberry muffins and chucked it as hard as I could, from the kitchen into the dining room. Later when I went to see the damage, I found that the muffin splattered all over our new furniture because it slammed into one of the columns my husband put up. That was fun to clean up. Then on my way to go see my good friend Laura who just had surgery, I had my hands full with Gianna and a bunch of other stuff and I walked out my door without my keys. Needless to say I locked my self out. Called Aaron he came to let me in. Anyway it's been hectic.

So I was over at Mamac-ta's and she was talking about pumpkin stuff. I sent her this recipe that I made last year. It was so good and easy, I thought I'd share it with you. If you ever watch the Food Network than you probably know Paula Dean. This is her recipe: Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle

2 (14-ounce) packages gingerbread mix
1 (5.1-ounce) package cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix (I used instant)I
1 (30-ounce) can pumpkin pie filling
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 teaspoon ground cardamom or cinnamon
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping
1/2 cup gingersnaps, optional

Bake the gingerbread according to the package directions; cool completely. Meanwhile, prepare the pudding and set aside to cool. Stir the pumpkin pie filling, sugar, and cardamom into the pudding. Crumble 1 batch of gingerbread into the bottom of a large, pretty bowl. Pour 1/2 of the pudding mixture over the gingerbread, then add a layer of whipped topping. Repeat with the remaining gingerbread, pudding, and whipped topping. Sprinkle of the top with crushed gingersnaps, if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Trifle can be layered in a punch bowl.

I highly suggest it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...I had one of those yesterday, sort of...
Hope tomorrow is better!

5:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow, hope today is better

4:40 AM  
Blogger M said...

Hey at least you can fit into something lacy! It just seems to be a hectic season, I think. Forget moving and a new baby coming in less than 2 weeks, but the holidays are around the corner. We're preparing for all hell to break loose over here...

8:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home