Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Some things I just cant fix

We were in the car today after having breakfast with my brother and my nephew when Gianna asked me If I could "turn the light out?" I looked back at her , her eyes were squinting from the sunlight beaming her. She's been asking me this lately about the sun. She's really going to be annoyed when summertime rolls around.

On another note my dog won't stop barking which is really annoying me! Nothing I do stops her. She's 6 months and rotten. Not to mention her preferred chew toys aka "stuffed pigs hoofs" are really stinking up our house. Hailee said just the other day, "I'm not touching that ever again, now my hands smell like a farm!". She's right they make your house smell like a fart/farm. It's this or our molding people! She's ruined the window ledges in our kitchen the molding around the doors the steps. This is all in our kitchen. She's not completely house broken yet. WE NEED A FENCE NOW. Our homeowner association only allows us to put up those white vinyl fences. Thats $3000 we don't have right now. Our whole plan was to put up a fence THEN get a dog. But thats what happens when two impulsive people tie the knot. We just had to get a dog right now. To be honest with you , if someone showed up on doorstep with another free pooch we'd take it in a heartbeat. Thats how we roll. We make our lives as chaotic as we possibly can, then try to fix it.

9 Comments:

Blogger JC said...

Kelli, thanks for stopping by my blog, I have seen you on Anne and Holli's blogs. And your mom comments on my blog sometimes.

I wish I could turn out the sun sometimes too, like when I have a headache! The sun just makes the headache worse.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember when my eldest son went through that stage where he actually thought I could control the sun... wish I had him fooled like that forever! ;)

3:44 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

a big *bear hug* to brighten your day ...

7:38 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Thanks for making me laugh with the funny way you wrote about your dog...

My kids have done the same thing with the sun, very cute!

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - a fart/farm!!! PFTZ!!!!

Yes, those pig hooves are NAPPY!!

Faith freaking hates the sun too, which is why she is often pictured in glasses/goggles/whatever. But she bitches from the backseat the whole time until I finally hold something up to the detriment of my driving. GAH!

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uck, i think i read someplace that those pig parts are carcinogenic...maybe just the ears. but ew! Look, 6 more months to go and that puppy should be done chewing...right? I hope for your sake it happens a lot sooner!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Tee/Tracy said...

I'm impulsive like that, too.

It's tax time - if you're getting a refund that could go towards a fence?

Stop buying the dog those stinky things. LOL. One of our dogs loves pig ears. The foster family that had her gave them to her and told us to give them to her often cause they're her favorites but they give her gas so I don't buy them. A happy home and regular food is enough!

My kids have asked me to turn off the sun, too. ROFL. Sunlight in the car is very annoying to me too.

For the barking a friend of mine bought a color which sprays some kind of citrus smell that they don't like when they bark. It doesn't hurt them. Maybe try something like that? ... Also try shaking an empty coffee can of pennies every time to startle her.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny both you and Holli are going through the complaints about the sun... Emily has started doing that now too, asking me to put my visor down more so it'll work for her too. Poor kids. They hate it now, wait til global warming gets worse!

And puppies are a bitch. Ours used to do all the things you're complaining about too. She just kind of grew out of it. That or she got tired of getting yelled at.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

I love that you are both so impulsive. We ended up with two dogs because *I* was too compulsive. I can only picture two of you that way. :-)

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home