Tuesday, June 14, 2005

ME, THE DUMMY

So I'm sitting here crying because Aaron informed me that we have to sell my Yukon and I'll have to drive his parents old van. I know, I know I'm being stupid. I'm just upset that he just got a 7 series BMW. The company is supposed to pay for his. I love his new car but now I have to give up my car. I liked it because it's so easy with the kids The van will be to. I love, love love my car. I really just need to stop being selfish and suck it up. It's only so we can get out of debt and actually buy a house! I should be willing to do anything for my family and I am. You'd think it was the end of the world when he told me. He said um honey your not Paris Hilton! I was trying not to laugh and remain angry. I don't think I would have over reacted so bad if I didn't just get my monthly visitor. I'll blame it on hormones! Boy was I fired up. Looking back He must have thought I was a selfish bitch! I'm really not a materialistic person. I know that you have to make sacrafices in your marriage. I must have some serious hormonal issues. It's like I have this anger inside of me or something. Usually I'm so laid back and care free.Then I snap and cry and cuss at my husband. I never cuss at anybody! I don't do it often but when I do I really feel bad. He doesn't deserve it. Maybe my body is still adjusting. Who knows. You go through not being pregnant to being pregnant to not being pregnant to breastfeeding to well in my case pregnant again then misscarriage then not nursing... Maybe I'm just crazy I don't know. But I know I LOVE my husband and kids. They are what I live for and I wouldn't rather be anywhere but here and now. Does anyone else have weirde hormonal spells, where their husband looks at them like they need to be shipped off to the funny farm? At least we laugh about it later:0)

7 Comments:

Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Ummm yeah, Bryan has my straight jacket always on hand. But lately my moods are so out of whack we're having a hard time "laughing at them later" becuase by the time later comes I'm having another freak out.

But Kel...why doesn't HE get rid of the BMW and you keep your Yukon? Your's is the more practical of the 2!!! Don't feel bad for reacting that way, I think it's natural when someone else asks you to give up something you enjoy.

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As mothers, we have to give up so much. Yes, that's part of being a mother, but sometimes something happens (like your car thing), and it gets to you. It gets to you because you feel like you're losing another part of yourself, of your non-mommy identity. It sometimes makes you feel like a second-class citizen to your husband.

In other words, your reaction you had is understandable, and it should NOT make you feel like a "dummy."

12:16 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Thanks Guys! You make me feel better;0)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Brandi1977 said...

OHH god yes. My husband would send me to the crazy house if he didn't need to around to take care of J :)

1:45 PM  
Blogger Peanutt said...

Yeah, that time of the month will do that to ya! And giving up something you like is hard, but when you get that house you want, you'll be like "what car????" LOL.

6:34 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

You reacted like anyone would. But after you thought things through you remembered what was really important. Life, love, marriage and children are all about sacrifices. We make them continually. But in the end, you will be happy that you "consented" to giving up the ole Yukon. You have been blessed in so many ways and you have one job now. One very important job. And that is taking care of your children and your family. You don't leave your home every day. You are fortunate that your husband wants you home to care for the children. You work hard; harder than any job but much more rewarding. So, think about all of your blessings and smile when you drive the ole black nissan. I love you sweetie!

6:31 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home