Saturday, October 28, 2006

Paranoid

Not in the sense that I'm looking out my blinds for midget FBI agents. But because I gave Gianna(2) childrens benedryl the other night and I watched her body slowly relax until I could lift her arm and just watch it drop. I gave her the correct amount. Believe me, I'm extra careful. I still go in the kids rooms in the middle of the night and feel their bellies to see if their still breathing. I check on them a lot when their asleep. Does anyone else do that to their 5 year old? Anyhoo, It freaked me out, so I just let her lay on the couch next to us while we watched a movie. Finally when I took her up she was a little more responsive. She's only had cold medicine one other time. She was like 1 1/2 and I gave her a little infants tylenol cold, she climbed the walls ALL NIGHT LONG! LITERALLY PEOPLE! I just hate to give them stuff. Motrin or Tylenol doesn't bug as much. Oh well. She survived. Like I said I'm a paranoid mama. I guess it stems from when they both got rotavirus(Last year) and Gianna had a seizure in my arms. I called 911, she went to the hospital, had another seizure and finally they decided to admit her. She was there for 5 days. It was so scarey I wanted to die! Aaron and I both stayed at the hospital the whole time. Luckily Hailee stayed with my mom while we were there. But she was with me when it happened and she still tells people about it. Watching your 18 month old have a seizure is devastating. It wasn't a Febrel seizure, it was from the toxins in her system from the virus. It took me forever to get over that. But she's a happy, healthy little TURD now, thank the LORD! I just love my kids so much and can't imagine what I would do if something happened to them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man, do I know how you feel!! I still check on both boys to make sure they are breathing and don't plan on stopping any time soon. Glad she is okay! Scary, scary.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That stuff scares me too. Pharmacy is my career but it still scares me.Call me if you ever have questions. Do you still have my number?

Hope she feels better.

9:42 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

No Amanda I don't have your number. You can email it to me kelli@picgroup.com. Thanks, thats great to know in case I have any questions!

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home