Friday, February 02, 2007

Tarantula?

So Hailee's birthday is coming in a few weeks and we wanted to do something fun for her. She's never had a party where she invited her classmates before. We figured nows a good time to start. She'll be six(much to our dismay). Thats a whole other post though and I won't get into how our little girl is growing up so fast. So I was thinking and thinking. We don't want to spend $300 on My GYM(even though their party's are really fun), The Athletic clubs obstacle course or Chuck-E-Cheese(that place grosses me out). I was looking in "Baltimore Child's" magazine and found local people that will bring animals to your house. So in a few weeks for 45 minutes at our house, we will have a chinchilla, rabbit, a few lizards, huge snake, parrot, porcupine and a TARANTULA!? I didn't hear anything else after that. Now Hailee will probably love that. She picks up millipedes in the summer. She gave worms rides to the park on the back of her tricycle and picked up every secada that she could get her tiny hands on during their last invasion a couple of years ago. I'll confess, I may have molded her this way. I myself love biology and science and thought I discovered a new species when I saw my first
mole cricket at the gas station I worked at in high school. But one thing I don't dig, are spiders. My brother had a tarantula once and would bring it home once in a while. Not long after his cat Mac ate it and had two huge knots under it's chin where the fangs pierced it. That arachnid wasn't going down without a fight. I just think their creepy , but will put on a brave face for the kids. We'll be eating before hand to avoid contaminating our food. :0). It's also supposed to be educational for the kids. I opted not to add on a craft for an extra $125. Huh? They don't need a craft. Anyone had a party like this? So I'll be off to TARGET ($100 store, Holli) to get invitations along with, toilet paper , ovulation kits, milk, dvd, valentine stuff...The list goes on. On another note Aaron and I are going to some function tonight at the Maryland Golf and Country Club. I'm glad to get out of the house with my husband alone. Seriously, every time we have tried to get out lately, something has come up where we can't go. One of the kids gets sick or I have a nervous breakdown or... You know how it goes. I guess I'll be wearing my long sleeve black dress that I always wear and my slutty knee high boots. Aaron likes them. Especially just the boots;0) Sorry mom if your reading this. But I don't think theres anything you haven't heard come out of my mouth. To put it mildly.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! You are too funny... knee high boots. Funny funny girl!

8:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i stopped breathing right after i saw the word tarantula. did you say anything after that? ;)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I'm not a fan of spiders myself, or bugs, now that I think about it...but I've actually held a tarantula before, and while it was really scary, I'm glad I did. They actually "feel" like really gentle creatures. However, seeing as my fear of spiders seems to have increased over the past year (read: I've seen too many black widows, and brown recluses) I don't think I'll be holding one ever again...

Have fun though, the party sounds like a blast!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I give you credit for allowing the spider and snake at your house in the first place. And who among us does not have "knee high boots" or something like it that we wear just to please our hubbies.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny, honey! I just pictured you in your knee high boots, naked! Now, what mom wants to be reminded that her daughter is doing stuff like that with her hubby? Gawd! Of course, it could be with the milkman, but thankfully it isn't! Kidding Aaron. No milkmen these days. They were back in my day. Ions ago!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

That sounds like a really fun party you are throwing her. Oh yeah by the way my daughter actually turned 6 in the middle of Jan. but I was lazy and am doing her party in the middle of Feb only a month late!

What is with guys and only liking the shoes on?!?! Have FUN ;)

4:43 PM  
Blogger LITTLE MISS said...

OK, you lost me at GIANT SNAKE. WTH are you thinking?? Augghghgh!!

let me know how the six year old party goes (you know, if it really helps you accept the fact that she is really 6 years old??)--because I'm avoiding time. Yep. No time is passing here, no one is getting any older.

p.s. right there w/ ya on the boots! ditto.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends did the pet show thing for her kids second birthday. Pony, chickens, goats, ducks and a turkey The kids freaking loved it.

PS. I wanna see those knee boots.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was all excited to try to find an animal person like that around her for one of the girls' parties this spring... until you got to the tarantula part. Um. No. With my luck the thing would lay eggs and I'd be killing tarantulas on a daily basis. Ugh, the thought just gives me the shivers.

I hope you took a picture of the slutty boots... please share!

4:49 PM  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

LOL!!! I love the little disclaimers we have to give for the mothers.

I sure wish there were milkmen these days. And not for the booty - just because I'm too lazy to get out and satisfy my milk crazed childs milk habits.

Um - tarantulas - NIX!!!

$100 store!! wheeeeeee!!!!

10:29 PM  
Blogger JC said...

Yeah, there's something about boots. I'm not sure what that's all about.

You can buy a remote control tarantula at the $100 store. Not as gross as the real thing (which I have seen in my yard before. Shudder).

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home