Monday, February 05, 2007

When your six year old is the adult in the house

The other day Aaron and I were driving with the girls to the mall to check out one of his clients displays. We stopped to get a bite to eat and Hailee out of the blue said "Mom, next time you and dad start to argue, close your eyes, concentrate and count to ten" as she demonstrated this Aaron and I laughed. She was obviously a lot more mature than the both of us put together. "Gee, I never thought of that Hailee" I said. "We'll have to try that". She then told us to pretend we were in an argument and give it a shot. The next morning as she sat in between us on the couch Aaron and I were disagreeing about something and I raised my voice. "Mom", she said looking at me with her ears covered and eyes closed, proceeded to mouth the numbers 1-10. What could I do but take her advice? I felt much better. She looked at Aaron and did the same thing. He followed her lead and that was that. No more argument. I guess we'll have to up her allowance since she's been giving us free marriage counseling.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! How mature and wow, is she for hire?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for her and good for you guys too!

And yeah, what other marital advice can she give?

1:29 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

If anyone has any tough marital questions for Hailee. Just type them out and I'll read them to her.( She's beginning to sound out words but still needs help.)

1:37 PM  
Blogger BJ said...

Gees! I wonder how she came up with that one? She is much ahead of her little self. Please, listen to the advise. It just might help.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol may have to try that here lol

5:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lemme guess: anger management unit going on at school?

6:08 PM  
Blogger di.di said...

my advice to my mom, if u angry, count to four or ten, whatever. when very angry, swear.... it will make you feel better..:P

not a good advice, i know.. hihi

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really.. can you send her over here?

Nevermind - I don't think your mother would let her right now!!!

PFTZ!!

Hey - I just saw your comment over there. Ask your mother about my last email. See if Hailee can solve all that!!! :)

10:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She cracks me up! I need a book of Haileeisms to read when I'm stressed!
Rachel

4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny. And good advice, too!

11:04 AM  
Blogger JC said...

That's pretty damn cool! Yes, up the allowance.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home