Sunday, May 29, 2005

000_0373


000_0373
Originally uploaded by Ciao Bella.

So, I was wondering if I should make another one of these? Aaron and I had originally said that we would try again when Gianna was one. But she's 9 months now and I'm kinda enjoying not being pregnant right now. Not to mention that I still have about 15lbs to lose to get back to my desired weight.(see my wedding picture in my flckr badge)That was post Hailee. 3 months after Hailee was born I was back to my starting weight. I had gained 60lbs with both of my pregnancies! I would like to lose the rest of my baby weight before I get pregnant again. But hell, we're Catholic which means NFP (natural family planning) I basically just look at the calender and say. 'maybe we shouldn't do it now" or "this seems like an okay day" I don't test my"MUCUS" all the time and take my temperature. I probably will eventually so I don't end up with 10 kids. If you do it correctly it is effective. I also wan't to have a non pregnant vacation this year. Also I wanted to go away with Aaron, just the two of us before I get pregnant again. We had the best time on our honey moon! We went to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic!! UM, PARADISE! So, I got pregnant with Gianna(#2) The second month we were married. Boy did my new husband have it in for him. We didn't live together before we were married and I already had Hailee. So basically he adjusted to being hubby, daddy(which he's a great one BTW!) to a two year old and me the Psycho pregnant, non-dish doing wife. Anyway thats a whole other story and to make a long story short a part of me wouln't mind getting pregnant soon because I wan't my next one to be closer in age and my next one after that to be too. I'm 27 now and I still want to be young having youngins. So, what do you guys think about that? Not that they will be hanging off of your boobs or keeping you up all night. But I wouldn't mind some feedback. Mom, you don't have to answer this one, I already know what you think(but I love you):0)

10 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

OH, you know what? I tried NFP about 16 months ago and now we have LB- 7 months old. No kidding. I SUCK at it. ;)

As for timing, I had a whole post about this, too, 'cause I don't know the answer. I REALLY want to lose the baby wait myself (15-20 more pounds... I ALSO gained 60!) and I'm really liking having her at this age. So, yea... I think we're waiting until NEXT summer to start trying. And.. that's STILL pretty close in age, ya know. You're young! Enjoy it! (spoken from an "older" 29 year old)

BTW: Kelli, I love how much we have in common. SO fun, and totally scary. ;-)

10:43 PM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

I agree Leslie!, We do have a lot in common! Yeah I guess if I waited for another six months to a year they still would be close. Your still a spring chicken too!

5:30 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Kelli darling -
I know that you don't want Mamaquita to respond to this, but you know how Mamaquita is....She always has to get her two cents in the pot!!! I worry about your well being. Not about you having babies. Your body needs a chance to re-vamp itself and 9 months isn't long enough. But, it is strictly none of my business and I know that. I just love you so much and worry about the stress on you. Of course it is your and Aaron's choice...totally! Now, enough said!!!

6:35 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Hmmmm that's tough especially for me to provide any feedback not knowing how it is to have just one. I think you and Aaron make awesome parents and could handle whatever comes your way BUT from what YOU are saying it sounds like there may be a few things you'd like to get in before the next one. And these aren't things that take years to complete, it's not like you are saying you want to get your Masters before the next one. So if you just waited another 6 months (or whatever) you would still have your kids close in age, kids while you are young AND maybe you will get that vacation in. I feel you and your kids could only benefit from that alone husband/wife bonding time. And personally I don't think you have 15lbs to lose :) Plus you are a fertile mertile so whenever you decide to have another you'll probably have it the next day and not have to worry about trying for months!

And I have to agree w/your mama, I worry about your health and your body and just want to make sure it's ready too!

6:51 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

OH YEA.. the puking. How could I forget? 5x a day for 16 weeks.

Yea, next summer will be close enough. One year from now. I wanna go play this summer and NOT be throwing up. ;)

11:42 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Yeah, I was really sick too w/ Gianna! Actually I pretty much felt like crap and had no energy the whole time! Could be because I had 60 extra lbs to carry around! Next time I would love to gain the reccomended 25. I appreciate everyones input. I probably should wait a little while. I guess another 6months- year wouldn't hurt.

3:58 AM  
Blogger Mama C-ta said...

Kel - if your serious about waiting, why don't you borrow my Basal Thermometer (don't worry, never temped vaginally!). It's MUCH more effective than just estimating on a calendar! Just messing w/you...but I practiced all the dirty little in's and out's of NFP when trying to conceive (I didn't even know I was capable of touching my own cervix!)...since it helps you know when NOT to have sex I figured it will tell me when I SHOULD to get that darn baby!
Lisa got into it too, oh the many conversations we had comparing cervical mucus! I might try NFP again after this baby is born but this time for birth prevention until we’re ready for the next.

And I'm with you, next time my goal is to stay off of Zofran and have a normal length of morning sickness in the FIRST TRIMESTER ONLY like the majority of the world!!

4:10 AM  
Blogger KELLI BELLY said...

Do you have to reach all the way up there to get the MUCUS? I didn't know that! I might borrow it, then I would know for sure when I peak! Not orgasmically of course. ovulatorally.:0) I know you were real sick too. Hopefully next time will be different for all of us that had gaging, prolonged morning sickness!

5:45 AM  
Blogger BJ said...

Well, I go could go on and on about morning sickness. Had it with all three of mine. Sick as a dog.......but then I got the bonus surprise!!!!! My labors were soooooooooo easy. I hate to brag, but the good Lord knew that I needed a break. Kelli knows how quickly she came out! 2 hours!!!!! Can you believe it. At the hospital at 9:00 p.m and she arrived at 11:11 p.m. How lucky was I? And the other two were just about as easy. She was the last one and the easier of the three. I really can't complain about deliveries. God bless America!!!!!

6:40 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Flinger said...

Kelli, your mom is AWESOME! How funny is bj?? She's so cool. Hello Kelli's Mom!

I have to laugh at the cervical mucus discussion. I didn't know that was a thing. LB just sorda happened and I don't know if I watned to PLAN one, what to do. Hrm.. night look into that thing...

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home